It’s that time of year when, with the best of intentions, you make some promises to yourself to re-invent yourself into the person you think you should be, not the one you really are! A time for change? Here are our top 10 New Year’s resolutions for horsey people…bet you won’t be able to get past the middle of January with these!
- Muck out the horsebox/trailer as soon as you return from a show!
- Change out of your ponging horsey gear as soon as you’ve left the stables instead of lounging in stinking jodhs for the rest of the day!
- Learn the dressage test the night before the test, rather than 3 minutes before your time!
- Stop boring your friends with talk of your pony and the cutest thing he did last week!
- Clean your bit and bridle after every ride – yeah right!
- Empty the muck barrow after every use
- Try a new discipline – remember how much you wanted to learn western riding ?
- Resolve to stop your horse’s bad manners once and for all. Barging, tanking, refusing…all out of bounds in 2018
- Tidy out your grooming kit on a regular basis
- Spend more time with your horse!
Roll on 2019! Have a great one!