We know there’s light at the end of this long, dark, cold January tunnel – you just need to switch it on! Here are 6 great things you can do that will help you beat the January blues and kickstart your year into action.
- Plan your events calendar: whilst the nights are dark get your calendar out and pull together a schedule of what’s on at your fave venues. That way you can plan in entry closing dates, book your lessons around events and get super-organised ready for the season ahead,
- Indulge in a little retail therapy at your local tack shop – we all love to spend a little (or a lot!) on our hobby, so why not cruise down to your local tack shop – many of them have still got sale rails offering some amazing bargains.
- Get fit – yes, that’s you as well as your horse!
- Have a lesson to kickstart you into action!
- Diary in some horsey dates for the year ahead – Badminton tickets have now gone on sale, the Cheltenham Festival’s coming up in March, and there’s a whole raft of top notch national events coming up to book up for.
- Do some evening showjumping – yes –we know it’s dark and cold, but there are plenty of places that are offering evening SJ events, all you need to do is get out there and do them! You’ll be glad you did afterwards! Trust us!