If you just can’t get enough of your horse and you even want to take him on holiday with you – then good news 12 B&B owners at eviivo properties are inviting guests and their steeds to stay!
Ranging from pampering your horse in Hertfordshire to relaxing in an on-site hot tub after a long day riding in North Wales, there are a wide range of experiences on offer for those looking to horse around while on staycation. Here are our top picks:
1. Lodge Farm House, Kings Walden, Hertfordshire is home to a thriving livery yard which offers grooming packages for your horse. Only a short train journey from London, guests can visit the Capital while their horse is pampered back on the farm.
2. Darsham Hall, Suffolk is a 13th century luxury B&B set amidst 60 acres of private grounds. As well as offering four livery stables, the B&B is also home to Melford Green alpacas!
3. Glan Lyn, Mold, North Wales offers stables and grazing for horses as well as secure drying and storage facilities for all your equipment and tack. After a long ride in the rolling Welsh hills, guests can relax in the on-site hot tub.
4. Bow River House in Hertfordshire where you can stable your horse for £30 a night before enjoying beautiful views of the open countryside on hacks.
5. Burnhopeside Hall, Durham is a Georgian country house set in 475 acres of woodland, farmland and gardens, which supply produce for the B&B.
6. Dilton Court, Westbury, Wiltshire was built as a dower house in 1841 and is situated on a 330 acre working farm – ideal for cantering through the surrounding countryside.
7. Hallbarns Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, Hexham, Northumberland is a working farm close to Hadrian’s Wall with facilities for up to four horses.
8. Herons Farm, Pangbourne, Berkshire is a country retreat set on a 400 acre farm with a unique, octagonal barn which was once part of a model farm complex served by its own narrow gauge railway. The farm has an on-site riding school and equestrian centre, so beginners can also get involved.
9. Manor Farm B&B Manor Farm, Yorkshire is located on the edge of the North York Moors National Park and provides a grazing and stabling service. As well as riding, guests can explore nearby trails by bike and foot.
10. Pwllgwilym Holiday Cottages and B&B, Powys has its own wildlife walk around the farm, with a pond and picnic area for guests looking to stop for a bite to eat. The property is also home to Red Kites nesting in the woods and sheep grazing in the fields, and boasts two large stables in the barn.
11. Rushop Hall, Peak District is an ideal location for those looking for a walking holiday, riding holiday, or simply a leisurely break. Accommodating up to 12 horses in the stables, Rushop Hall also offers trail riding along the Pennine Bridleway.
12. The Tithe Barn, Somerset is a Grade II listed barn with stabling, six acres of grazing, and direct access onto riding trails on site, with lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
Ed Goldswain, Marketing Director of online booking specialist eviivo, commented: “While going on holiday is normally an exciting time, many people find it difficult to leave behind their animal .
“But there are a wide variety of B&Bs all over the country which allow guests to stable their horses, so they can enjoy the beautiful countryside without having to leave their trusty steed at home.
“Many of our properties are set in some of the UK’s most stunning countryside, and what better way to enjoy that by trekking through the rolling hills on horseback.”
For more information visit https://eviivo.com/