Meteorologically it’s Spring! And, in our book that’s a cause for celebration when it comes to horses and riding. Here are our top 6 reasons for welcoming in Spring!
- Fabulous Foals. Who can resist these wonderful creatures who are popping out now weather has taken a turn for the better?
- Time to go! The clocks are about to go forward and that means it’s daylight for longer! Riding in the evening is now on the cards –hurray!
- Farewell Mud! You can now reasonably expect that gateways, bridlepaths and lanes will start drying out, and that means no more muddy horses and splashes up your boots!
- Start of the competition season. Finally, those dreams can become a reality as the horsey calendar starts filling up with competition dates.
- Lose the Layers! Both you and your horse can start to lose those cumbersome winter layers – shed those rugs and anoraks – it feels soooo good!
- Going Green! The muddy brown and grey countryside becomes green and inviting, and fields fill with lush spring grass meaning your hefty feed bill is suddenly looking a lot less scary!
Hooray for Spring!